November 15, 2017 at 12:00 pm #1986
Frog medicine includes:
* a reminder of common bonds with all life
* singer of songs that celebrate the most ancient watery beginnings
* understanding emotions
* water energy
Frogs are amphibians, spending their early life nurtured in water and once they emerge onto dry land as frogs. They are never far from a water source. The frog is recognised as a healer in North and South American Native customs, as well as Celtic traditions.
Frog is believed to bring rain when needed. Water cleanses and gives the earth renewed freshness. Similarly frog’s medicine can wash away any negative physical and mental energies which deny us a balanced and peaceful life. Perhaps when we have allowed emotional toxins to thwart our outlook on life, or if we feel swamped. They also helps to nourish our own innate ability to heal ourselves on all levels. The notion of renewal is frequently linked with water, representing the unblocking and smooth flow of energy for healing.
Due to the fact that frogs are found in water and on land, they hold the magic of both. Mud is a combination of earth and water, and is used in healing therapies to rid the body of toxins. Those with frog medicine are extremely sensitive, and the use of mud baths is advised.
The deepest healing will always take place, and be fulfilled on the emotional level. Emotions are linked with water, especially tears. Some of us, especially men, are brought up to believe that crying is something to be ashamed of, that you are weak, wimpish or childish if you cry. When we deprive ourselves of this powerful form of emotional release, we bottle it all up and this can cause us to eventually reach unbelievable lows in our lives. Energies become blocked. With the frog’s assistance, we can begin to realise, and experience, tears as being natural and as necessary as rain.
There are few species of frog who actually care for their offspring. After mating they abandon the eggs. Because of this, lessons to do with survival are common in people with frog. Scientists believe that the frog populations health reflects the health of the entire eco-system (as a whole).
Frog is strongly linked with transformation and magic. Generally frogs undergo a two stage life cycle. They start off as eggs, hatching into tadpoles, limbless aquatic larva with gills and a long flat tail. Legs and lungs develop, and the tail gradually disappears as the tadpole approaches the adult stage. This denotes the awakening of ones creativity. When frog enters your life, it is an invitation to leap into your creative power. In order to do this, it is helpful to know which stage of life you are presently at. By studying the frogs characteristics you will discover this. This is yet another reminder to us that life is about evolution, a miracle of change and transformation.
This message is strongly represented in the story of the ‘Frog Prince’. Im sure most of you are familiar with it. I certainly grew up with this story! It is similar to the story of the ugly duckling. In one version of the story, a queen was ill and could only be healed by drinking from the well of true water. Her 3 daughters tried to get the water, but each time a hideousus frog refused them access unless they agreed to marry him. Alas, the youngest daughter agreed her mother was healed. To her delight she discovered that her hideous groom transformed into a gorgeous prince.
This teaches us that in order to heal ourselves and others, it is often required to face that part of us that we have hidden from ourselves, because we find it unacceptable or ugly. When we can honestly look all aspects of ourselves in the face and accept them, we will find that the ugliness is washed away. Our true beauty shines, like the sun after healing rain.
Frogs are to be found world wide. Their bodies were created for jumping and their sharp eyes help them catch prey, mostly insects. As a frogs eyes protrude from the sides of their heads, they have almost 360 degree vision, providing them with excellent depth perception. Frogs also have a highly developed sense of hearing. Behind each eye is to be found a large disked membrane, an external eardrum that picks up sound waves and transmits them to the inner ear and then to the brain. Combined with their extraordinary sight, this gives them clairsentient and clairvoyant abilities.
The way in which frogs produce sound is similar to the way humans do, by forcing air from the lungs over the vocal cords. They posses a variety of complex calls from ribbets to croaks, connecting this with language. If this is your power animal, you have the potential to take command of the spoken word. Often frog people are bilingual.
Frog symbolises coming into your personal power, reminding you not to become bogged down with day-to-day living. If frog is your power animal, you give support and energy where it is needed, and can cleanse the negativity from an environment.
From Animal Spirit Guides by Steven Farmer:
If Frog shows up, it means:
– If you hear a frog during the daytime, it will rain very soon.
– Do a physical cleanse and detoxify your body.
– Do an emotional cleanse by letting yourself really feel your emotions, and cry as much as you need to in order to clear and release any emotional toxicity.
– Singing or chanting out loud will help you feel more balanced, at peace, and connected to the divine.
– You’re entering into a time of plenty and abundance.
– This is the start of a slow and steady transformational process for you, a movement from an old life to a new.
Call on Frog when:
– It’s time to cleanse your life of people, places, or things that no longer fit in with your present lifestyle and who you are.
– You’re in the midst of any life change, whether small or large, and you need the emotional sustenance and strength to go through it in a fluid and graceful way.
– You’re planning to do a clearing and blessing ceremony for your home, office, or a specific place.
– You feel intimidated or hesitant about honestly stating your thoughts, feelings, or opinions to someone.
– You simply feel overwhelmed with negativity and want to clear it up.
If Frog is your power animal:
– You’re a very sensitive and compassionate person, and readily express deep feelings in words and actions.
– Your voice, and especially your singing, can at times arouse deep emotions, yet at the same time soothe anyone within its range.
– To others you initially seem rather remote and self-absorbed, yet once they get past their first impression of you, they discover the depth and nobility of your character.
– In your work, you seem to plod along very slowly and have trouble getting started, but you stay with it and get the job done.
– You enjoy the study of ancient mysteries and particularly the art of magic.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.