Book of Shadows

My Book of Shadows

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Brandie 4 months ago.

• Author

Brandie

I have never kept a book of shadows, I am about to create my first one.  I will add my updates here as well as record them in my physical book. This book will be a long work in progress.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Brandie.
  • #1193 Score: 0

Brandie

My Spiritual History:

I was born the bastard of  a Catholic and a Jehova’s witness when my mother was 17 and my dad was 20.  My mother converted to Catholicism to later marry my dad, and I was baptized Catholic.  They then divorced when I was six years old.  My dad gained custody of my brother and I and we moved into my Catholic grandparent’s house and I was put into Catechism and began regular church attendance for the next four years.  I went as far as my first communion before my father moved out of my grandparent’s house and we left the church. I was nine years old at that time.

• #1194 Score: 0

Brandie

When my dad moved out of my grandparent’s house, we moved in with a hippy, new age, metaphysical focused woman who gave me my first experience with meditation. They tried several hippy, new age churches before deciding on a Universalist Christian interpretation and this was my first exposure to women as Jesus, and hugging in church.  

• #1195 Score: 0

Brandie

When my dad ditched his new woman, he was far into metaphysics by that time and was paying a lot of money for courses and training with people who were teaching things like The Seven Rays, which is a reiki type metaphysical energy manipulating course and shamanic based power training, including vision quests and the use of animal fetishes.  He took me to the main person he paid when I was about 12 and then again at 14 to receive shamanic energy healing, cleansing and balancing sessions.

I was given a mantra by this man that I still remember: I am the soul. I am the light divine, I am divine love, I am divine will, I am fixed design.

I was also given a meditation exercise that I was supposed to complete every day and I took my hands and made them a pyramid and put that pyramid over my solar plexus and the intention was to grow the sun that is the solar plexus until it encompassed my entire energy field.  It required an initial grounding and the chant of the mantra.

My dad during this period became very skilled at augury and dream interpretation and he spent time being paid at psychic fairs to do so.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Brandie.
  • #1199 Score: 0

Brandie

The end of this progression of development with my dad ends with the Greek Gods. He was called by Zeus and Athena and had dreams of others including Apollo and he would include my brother and I in his ritual ceremonies in this area of his devotion, and it was during this time period I had my first prophetic dream. It was a premonition of a sudden death that happened to come true the following week.

• #1201 Score: 0

Brandie

When I was sixteen I was given the Satanic Bible of Anton Levey by a man I had never seen before on the city bus on my way to school.  When my dad found the book, he tore it into a million tiny pieces and kicked me out of the house, because regardless of how much time he had now spent in paganism, Satan, to him, is still a very real force that is to be feared and rejected.  He obviously did not read more than the title before he lost his shit and threw me out.

• #1202 Score: 0

Brandie

During the time I was kicked out, I found the man who gave me the bible again, and I went to his house and went through a nude initiation into Satanism with him and his girlfriend as the witness.

• #1204 Score: 0

Brandie

My young adult period, I went through more in depth energy manipulation training and introduced myself to elemental magickal ritual.  The first time I ever performed an elemental ritual, I was attempting to discover what my element was.  There were invocations and I laid on the floor in the middle of the elemental structure I built with the intent of attuning and discovering my dominant elemental connection.  I dreamed that night that I could throw lightning.  That was the night I became what the Native Americans call the Heyoka, Thunder dreamer and Sacred Clown.

• #1205 Score: 0

Brandie

I decided during that period that I was going to devote myself to the Sun because I was interested in the oldest religions and Solar worship is included in that list of the oldest spiritual devotional area on the earth.  I chose to approach Apollo because the Greeks have the most textual evidence remaining to attempt a reconstruction of solar cult.

I asked Apollo for a favor and told him if he gave me what I had asked for that I would devote myself fully to him and it would be a service I gave for the rest of my life.

I got what I wanted and that is what put me on the path of Hellenism as a personal area of devotion.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Brandie.
  • #1207 Score: 0

Brandie

My Greek path training has come from my own efforts of study and the observation of Todd Jackson for the majority of the path.

I found Todd during a trance session with Apollo where I was searching for ritual to approach him in a manner that was proper and I was led to Todd’s ritual and his yahoo group.  I followed him to FB when he went through his own transition, and from there I was exposed to many more kinds of Hellenists, both reconstructionists and revivalists and those who take their own interpretation and mix it in with other paths of practice.

I have been initiated into oracular processes of Pythian Priestess, healer initiation through the Cult of Asclepius, Orphic mystery initiation through the cult of Demeter and Persephone at Eleusis, Dionysian Mysteries, Pythagorean Brotherhood, which I refrained from eating meat for a whole year to earn that one, among other things, such as sharing the fruits of my labor with a spiritual brother with the intent of nothing more than brotherhood.

I am trained in the Lunar Calendar of Attica and a devotee of Hekate.

I have served Kyklos Apollon founded by Todd Jackson for about ten years and I served Hellenismos Aionios founded by Michael Crahart for about 5.

At this point, I have completed over a thousand oracle readings, hosted several ritual events, hosted charity events, and am now the head of Hellenismos Temple of the Gods.

• #1209 Score: 0

Brandie

Right after I devoted to the Goddess Hekate, I was led to Methias Chinoa and the thirdeye community. I served his family and was trained in spirit keeping spell casting and enchantments for about five years.

• #1210 Score: 0

Brandie

In Roman practice I have devoted to Mars and Sol Invictus and have spent time in the Imperial Cult. I named my snake Genius Augustus in honor of my work in this area.

• #1656 Score: 0

Brandie

I have a problem with wasting my resources and support in directions that are undeserving and draining on my time, focus and energy.  I want to manifest my potential and so I am cutting ties to everything that drains me of my resources, energy, and attention in favor of drawing in the energies that will act as a catalyst to achieve the higher level I am capable of.

If you are not willing to help yourself, then stay the hell away from me.

*Banishes fucking drags*

• #1657 Score: 0

Brandie

EVOE ELEUTHERIOS

• #1658 Score: 0

Brandie

I am my own highest authority, and no one will ever be able to take that away from me.

• #1659 Score: 0

Brandie

So don’t touch me, cause I’m electric.  And if you touch me…you’ll get shocked!

• #1675 Score: 0

Brandie

I love this game, and Im very good at it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.